Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Is it even worth it? Yes it is.

Fitness is important to me. I have always exercised in some capacity, no matter what else was going on in my life. The first trimester of my pregnancies has always presented a struggle in the fitness department. I cannot work out as intensely as feels natural to me, because this will raise my heart rate over the threshold recommended for pregnant women. This is assuming I have enough energy to work out at all. I rarely do, so not only do I not work out as intensely as I'd like, but I also do not work out as often as I'd like. And then there's the morning sickness. Even on Zofran, I am still nauseous to some degree all the time. Since I have to eat something, especially before working out, I eat what will stay down. This is something awful like cake, cookies, or doughnuts.

So the question is, is it worth it to exercise if it is a low intensity workout only a few times a week and after eating cookies? I have to believe that it is still worth it in some way, if only to stay in the habbit of exercising. This first trimester will pass (PLEASE GOD SOON) and I'll be able to eat healthier and have more energy to work out more often. And when I am no longer pregnant I'll get back into it hardcore. And I know I'm not just saying that, because it's my third time. Every time I've been pregnant I've said I would get into great shape, and every time I have. After Sophie was born I lost a lot of weight and was the thinnest I had been since high school. After Lilah was born, I lost all of my pregnancy weight and also got really, really strong. After this one, I'm going to get as thin and as strong as I can. And the motivation for that begins now, with each lame, infrequent workout I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment