Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week in Review

It was a big week! On Wednesday I had my first doctor's appointment including lab work and first ultrasound. The baby is as cute as any 7 week blob can be! Heart was beating away (and so was mine). The doctor gave me a prescription for Zofran, or as he said, "here is your new best friend." And it is! It does not take the nausea away 100%, and it is not without side effects, but I'll take it! I no longer spend every second of the day contemplating whether I should run to the bathroom to try to throw up or keep perfectly still and hope the feeling will pass. That is a huge difference in my quality of life! I think everyone around here has noticed, including the fish, who had sadly been neglected on more than one occasion.

I told my immediate family that I was pregnant on Friday, and that was cool. It's nice that they know. It was hard to pretend that everything was fine when I spoke to them on on the phone when I wanted to scream, "I am sick as a dog! Please come play with the girls for a couple of hours so I can try to breathe through this unending nausea!"

I can't wait to tell the rest of the world in another month! I have known for a full month and that has seemed like an eternity. It's hard to remember not to say anything about it when I want to shout from the roof tops. This will be my third child (holy moly!), but that feeling never gets old. I am having a baby! I am carrying life itself! I am a super goddess! Hear me roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment